Saturday, November 30, 2013

Block Party

Trey Smith


As the type of person who needs routine, the process of moving from one residence to another (in different towns to boot!) has been very disorienting for me. I diligently have tried to replicate my former routines here, but many variables have changed which makes an accurate replication near too impossible. So, I'm kind of flailing around right now.

I'm sure you've noticed that I've been posting less. The main reason is that I'm suffering through a mental writing block. I have ideas and notions I wish to share, but with my routines so messed up, I just haven't been in a writing mood.

Actually, it goes even deeper than that. In South Bend, I would spend hours per day reading news and commentary -- I would share a portion of what I read in the form of blog posts. Since coming to Ocean Shores, I have hardly paid ANY attention to what is going on in the world. Instead of spending hours in front of my computer monitor, I have been engaged in an activity that is better for my overall health: walking.

My goal is to take Jaz (the big dog) to the beach twice per day for a run. She enjoyed far more freedom in South Bend than here and so two daily runs off leash is my attempt to mitigate the circumstance. Jaz seems to enjoy the off leash time with the big goofy guy and the big goofy guy (me) has noticed he is getting a lot more exercise than he is used to. I feel both better and worse because of it.

I just hope I can reestablish my bearings soon. I still feel quite lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.