Thursday, August 30, 2012

Like Losing a Friend

Trey Smith


For the first time in 754 days, there is no TTC Line by Line post in this time slot. The reason for this should be apparent. Yesterday's post was for the last line of Verse 81 and that is the final verse.

To be quite candid, I have very mixed feelings about the completion of the series. On the one hand, it feels good to be done. I made a commitment to myself to keep to the schedule faithfully and, to my surprise, I did it for 753 consecutive days! Excuse me for patting myself on the back, but it's a big deal to me (though it may well not be for you and that's more than okay).

On the other hand, saying goodbye to this series is like losing an old friend. The posts for this series were ever on my mind and, as an individual who likes the routine of sameness, that sameness is now gone.

Aah, but such is life.

Eventually, my plan is to make this series into a number of e-books. I'm thinking I'll make books for every ten verses and, once the 8 books are finished, one long e-book of the whole thing. But don't hold your breath. Since the series can be accessed easily through this blog, this will be nothing more than a long-range side project.

1 comment:

  1. it was a great little series. I felt the end drawing in and now it's gone.

    so project stage 2 is make it into a book?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.