Saturday, December 31, 2011

Tao Bible - Jeremiah 20:12

But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I opened my cause.
~ King James version ~

The sage has no mind of his own.
He is aware of the needs of others.
I am good to people who are good.
I am also good to people who are not good.
Because Virtue is goodness.
I have faith in people who are faithful.
I also have faith in people who are not faithful.
Because Virtue is faithfulness.
~ from Verse 49 of the Tao Te Ching ~
Notice a difference between the prophet and the sage? The prophet delights in the divine punishment of others, while the sage seeks to help the good and the bad.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.