Monday, July 26, 2010

210 - The Essential Paradox

All of us want to be successful.

But once you hit on something that does work, it takes great courage to keep going beyond your limits...Spirituality is creativity. Only with creativity can you have the power to follow Tao.
~ from 365 Tao: Daily Meditations, Entry 210 ~
The great paradox of Taoist philosophy is staying centered while pushing beyond limits. How does one keep to the middle path while exploding past predefined boundaries?

I understand this paradox intuitively, but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to put it into words right now. Almost anything I could write would be a great injustice.

As you all should know by now, I'm generally NOT at a loss for words. I usually can yammer on for quite some time on most topics. As I sat down to compose this post, I knew what I wanted to share with you, but every attempt at putting it down in words, sentences and paragraphs seemed inadequate.

So, maybe one of you can explain what this paradox means to you...or it could be that it simply defies words altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.