Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm Simply Not Interested

If you have a blog, I'm sure you receive requests for reciprocating links and/or display ads. I receive two or three such requests per month. I realize there's a good chance many of these are computer-generated and are sent to a mass list. Some of them, though, appear to be written by an actual human being.

Just so you know, here's my basic rule: If you're selling something, I'm simply not interested. I didn't get into blogging as a money-making venture. If you look at this blog, you'll see there are no ads on it now and there won't be any in the future. So, sending me an email requesting that I place an ad or even a link to your money-making venture is a nonstarter in my book.

Look, I don't have a problem with anyone else choosing to feature such ads or links. In my view, it's your blog and you can do what you want with it. But this is my blog and my basic rule stands.

Conversely, if you have a blog about Taoism, Buddhism, free thinking, Asperger's Syndrome or something of that ilk, then that's a completely different matter. In most cases, I'll be tickled pink to add your link to one of the sections in the right column.

2 comments:

  1. I get requests to submit my articles to this or that blog. But giving away my stuff just like isn't fare. I'll keep it to myself for now.

    I rarely get people selling me anything. It must have something to do with your keywords, since you write such a wide variety of topics.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.