Monday, May 18, 2009

(Not So) Fun in the Sun

As I mentioned in my last post yesterday, I spent a great deal of time out in the sun tending to my garden and yard. Since my hair is thinning with age and I sport a crew-cut anyway, I wore a ball cap most of the time to ensure I didn't sunburn me noggin. I also took frequent breaks to make sure I didn't stay out in the sun too long.

Because of temperatures near 70, I eschewed my typical uniform of overalls and did my work in shorts and a t-shirt. I got a lot of work done, but I also ended up with a nasty case of sunburn.

The interesting thing is what part of my body looks like a lobster. It's not my head, face or arms. In fact, it's a place I don't think I've ever been sunburned before. It's my knees -- both of them! The rest of my legs are fine. But my knees are on fire.

Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. ouch.. did you wear sunscreen? I always burn the ridge of my nose :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.