Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hmmm...

One of the many facets of having a blog is the pressure to write, even when you don't have anything you feel needs to be written. For some, it's simply a case of market numbers. Such folks are always working to increase their hit count. For others of us, the pressure to write is borne more out of a sense of duty and obligation to our regular readers -- We've invited you to be a partner in our virtual world, so we want to share something -- anything! -- with you.

As Taoists, however, we understand the importance of flow. Sometimes the river rushes swiftly. Sometimes it meanders. And sometimes the water is quiet and unmoving.

My waters today fall into the latter category. There are many things that I am contemplating; they simply haven't asked me to write them and, until they do, I won't.

4 comments:

  1. LOL!

    So you'll take up 3 paragraphs to say that you've got nothing to say? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. to flow isnt always to be in the current :)

    and sometimes to ramble on is the best way to say nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been feeling a lot of that pressure lately. I started my blog with the intention of writing much more often than I have, but current events keep me from doing it. I feel bad because I don't want to be one of the bloggers that never updates, especially being so new, but I also don't want to just throw stuff up there for the sake of throwing it up there.

    And then there are the times when I do get a good post in mind, but I can't log into Blogger...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how that works. I've had my blog for nearly two years, have nothing approaching a regular readership (that I know about anyway), and really am not accountable to anyone but myself and the two other bloggers for what and when I write...and yet, there's still that pressure to put something in print, if only from myself. I think it's a combination of knowing that I'd better keep writing if I want to acquire writers, and just the feeling that if I should do something I should bother to really do it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.